Since its founding in 1913, the HEINRICHS company has undergone a turbulent history. Take a look at our corporate history.
1913 Wilhelm Heinrichs founded our company as a trading house in Plettenberg. Supply shortages in the First World War quickly bring the operation to a standstill.
1919 The commission business for ironmongery, wire products and die forgings was resumed. Takeover of the company by Karl Heinrichs.
1937 Establishment of a press shop in the old embroidery mill at the Mühlenplatz in Meggen
1938 Part of the production was relocated to Lennestadt-Meggen. Eventually, 30 employees were involved in making mainly washers and slotted nuts on automatic lathes and eccentric presses. The main customers came from aircraft and shipbuilding.
1945 After the end of the war, the production of special fittings for the automotive industry was continued. Washers manufactured according to DIN were joined by pressed and stamped parts according to templates or drawings.
1960 Acquisition of the former Meggen Walzwerk site. To this day, 25,000 m² of pressed, drawn and stamped parts as well as modules, HGV special fittings and laser parts have been manufactured there.
1961 Construction of the first production hall at the new location
1964 Karl Heinrichs suddenly passed away. His sons Karl and Kurt Heinrichs then took over the company.
1994 Foundation of our current subsidiary HI-STEEL in Kaunas / Lithuania
1999 Purchase of another plot (18,000 m²) on the site of the former Sachtleben mine
2002 Commissioning of the new plant at the ""Zur Christinenhütte” location
2003 With Karl Heinrichs junior, the fourth generation took over the responsibility for this family business
2011 Expansion of production and logistics areas at both locations in Lennestadt